- How to reach us - Marina Mali Lošinj
- How to reach us - Marina Baotić
- About us
- Jadranka Yacht Club
- About the island Lošinj
- About Trogir and Segetu
Marina Mali Losinj
Yachtclub Seget (Marina Baotić), Seget Donji
Marina Mali Losinj
About Trogir and Segetu
Trogir is situated in the heart of Dalmatia on the Adriatic coast. Due to its location and natural protection, it is a favourite destination for yachtsmen.
The heart of Trogir is a small peninsula that stretches between the mainland and the coast of the island of Čiovo. The historical core of Trogir is a unique monument of culture which is why it was inscribed in the UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 1997. Trogir is a remarkable example of an urban continuity. The octagonal street plan of the island part of the settlement dates back to the time of ancient Greece. The powerful rulers complemented the city by their own public and private architectural solutions and fortifications. The town has a beautiful Romanesque churches and a number of beautiful Renaissance and Baroque facilities from the Venetian period. If we add to that all those sunny days, we get an ideal destination for an adventurous exploration of Dalmatia, lazy vacation, an escape from the mainland and wandering through its waters.
Did you know (a few interesting facts about Trogir):
- First pharmacy in Europe was opened in Trogir in 1271
- It is considered the best preserved Romanesque-Gothic town in central Europe
- Trogir is named after goats. Tragos – the Greek word for a goat. When the Greeks arrived in the 3rd and the 4th century they saw a mass of goats in the hills and so the name Tragos remained
- In the immediate vicinity of Trogir, in the cave of Trapljeni Dolci, a small flint weapon was found that was used by a Neanderthal man 45.000 years ago
Seget Donji is located 2 km west of Trogir. Seget is also known as “the centre of the Adriatic”, as per its geographical location it is exactly in the middle of the Adriatic sea coast.
It is an ideal starting location to many nautical destinations. In 1564 a nobleman of Trogir Jakov Rotondo received permission to build a tower around which a village was established in mid-16th century. Today Seget Donji is a charming village with all necessary facilities such as pharmacy, post office, shops, tourist board and other.
Did you know (a few interesting facts about Seget Donji):
- Seget Donji is located inside a rectangular medieval castle, constructed by the model of monumental Diocletian’s Palace in Split
- Seget was called Kaštel Rotundo until the 17th century
- The ancient past of Seget is witnessed by two altars dedicated to the Greek hero Heracles, found in a quarry beneath the hill of St. Elijah
Special offers 1/1